Location: County Antrim
Salary: Negotiable plus excellent benefits package
My client is a UK market leading manufacturing firm with over 25 years of rich history. They have a current opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor to join their management team with primary responsibility for the leadership of the Engineering Maintenance team. This is a full time, permanent opportunity.
Reporting to the Technical Director
Responsible for the day-to-day management of maintenance within the Antrim production facility, coaching, mentoring, motivating and applying a team approach to continuous improvement and business excellence.
- Lead the maintenance team in meeting production expectations on time, in full, efficiently and on budget including responding to emergency breakdowns and prioritising workload.
- Manage a programme of Total Preventative Maintenance including the management of all relevant systems for all company plant and liaising with all relevant departments to ensure maximum machine and machine part availability for production.
- Working closely with the Technical team to deliver continuous improvement in processes and machines and configure manufacturing systems to reduce costs, improve availability and deliver business excellence measures within the production processes.
- Champion effective employee relations whilst demonstrating a flexible management style, adopting the appropriate style for the given situation.
- Promote and ensure compliance with the company's Integrated Management System to include safety, environmental and quality requirements as the norm across all team members whilst promoting a culture of standardised work and working closely with external bodies to ensure regulatory obligations are adhered too.
- Create, develop and ensure accountability for departmental key performance indicators, tactical plans and departmental projects to ensure company strategic goals are achieved.
- Time served in an Engineering discipline
- A minimum of 2 years of experience within manufacturing in a multi-skilled mechanical/electrical role.
- 5yrs experience in an installation, maintenance or service role
- Experience in PLC machinery
- Green belt six sigma - Minimum
- Degree qualified Engineer, 2:2 minimum.
- Leading and delivering multiple projects on time, in full and within budget.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an equivalent position having responsibility for 25+ machines in a fast paced, manufacturing environment.
For more information please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333