Maintenance Team Leader
Location: County Armagh
Salary: 30-40k negotiable plus benefits
Exceptional benefits package with market leading pension & healthcare.
My client is a UK market leading, progressive food production firm located in County Armagh. They have a current opportunity for a Maintenance Team Leader to join their team with primary responsibility for the leadership of the Engineering Maintenance team. This is a full time, permanent opportunity. With recent acquisitions the group is experiencing a period of rapid growth, through the addition of new customers, supply networks and investment in new manufacturing processes.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager
The maintenance team leader is responsible for planning and overseeing the quantity and quality of work carried out by the maintenance staff and appointed contractors on a daily basis.
The post holder ensures the content of the planned maintenance program is executed to maximise on plant uptime and operational efficiency challenging all Maintenance Engineers equally on their adherence to department and company rules/policies.
The role provides the first point of contact for the maintenance craft operators, ensuring that there is regular and timely communication with the team and that the majority of issues are dealt with at team level and where appropriate escalated to the Maintenance Manager.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in developing and managing the annual budget for the maintenance department.
- Build an excellent working relationship with the Production team to ensure the Maintenance department deliver an excellent service to meet 24/7 operational uptime and operational efficiency targets through the implementation of an effective asset care program.
- The maintenance team leader will report weekly to the Maintenance Manager on performance and action plans against target
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Team Leader will recommend and justify improvement plans for the site and the Maintenance department.
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Team Leader will ensure all attendance, grievance and disciplinary matters are dealt with promptly in accordance with company policies and procedures and all department training needs are escalated to the Maintenance Manager
- Use SAP PM as an aid for the allocation of work to craft operators
- Co-ordinate and monitor effectiveness of mechanical and electrical sub-contractor labour
- Provide a weekly report to the Maintenance Manager on all activities and tasks undertaken during the previous week and collectively identify areas where improvement can be made for improved utilisation of maintenance craft operators /contractors
- Report to the Maintenance Manager where unplanned maintenance activity has driven unexpected maintenance spend.
- Champion a high standard of quality in your area at all times. Through effective team management and plant monitoring, the Maintenance Team Leader will ensure quality and fabrication standards are maintained and improved upon by assisting with the swift completion of 5-why investigations, routine completion of Gemba audits, routine updating of decision trees following every unplanned event and driving each continuous improvement project through to completion.
- 3 years recent and relevant experience of maintaining and repairing a range of equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Qualified in a Mechanical or Electrical Discipline
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of how safe working practices are applied and how a safe place of work (SPOW) can be enhanced through operator inclusivity
- Experience in leading/supervising a maintenance team
- Exposure to SAP PM
- Experience of training others on SAP PM
- Experience in a food/dairy manufacturing or pharmaceutical environment
- Understands the significance of SOP's
For more information please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333