Salary - Circa £22,000 plus attendance and production bonuses
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Maintenance Technician for a top manufacturing company based in Ballymena. This position offers long term career aspirations with a company that has experienced significant growth in recent years.
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Technician is to oversee and efficiently resolve any engineering issues which may result in delays to production schedules.
Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
- Attend and negotiate multiple breakdown scenarios along with Senior Maintenance Engineer and Shift Manager
- Troubleshooting in order to diagnose and correct faults
- Provide comprehensive breakdown information and actions taken to support the planned maintenance system
- Initiate, recommend & contribute towards continuous improvement activities
- Ensure all related documentation & record keeping for the shift is up to date
- Work with other departments to overcome production and quality issues via root cause analysis
- Support line trials and communicate with customers when required
- Aid operators with any downtime issues which affect production
- Train operators on Standard Operating Procedures and new equipment
- Compile and evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products & parts
- Carry out all planned, preventative and corrective maintenance tasks in accordance with maintenance systems
- Observe worker using equipment to verify that equipment is being operated and maintained according to quality assurance standards
- Enforce Health & Safety and Housekeeping standards and ensure relevant protocols are followed
- Time served qualification (electrical discipline preferred)
- Previous experience in an Engineering role within a manufacturing environment (industrial electrical experience preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in troubleshooting and fault finding
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive starting salary £22,000 per annum depending on experience plus attendance and production bonuses.
This position is on 12 hour shifts on either days or nights (does not rotate). On all shift patterns you will work an average of 80.5 hour per fortnight on either a 2,5 or a 3,4 rota.
For more information please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333