Salary - £20,000 to £25,000 circa, negotiable depending on experience plus shift allowance.
Evening shift - 3pm to 11.30pm Monday to Thursday and 3pm to 9.30pm Friday (6% shift allowance)
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been exclusively retained to recruit a Maintenance Technician for a top manufacturing company based in Co Antrim. This position offers long term career aspirations with a company that has experienced significant growth in recent years.
Reporting to: Maintenance & Facilities Supervisor
- Carry out routine maintenance on all company machinery and equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs to minimise down time.
- Full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and company, insurance and ISO requirements, etc.
- Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly health and safety checks and inspections and take timely corrective action.
- Carry out all minor mechanical & electrical repairs in relation to buildings and utilities, planned and executed in such a way so as to minimise risk.
- Set up & make modifications to work benches and new equipment as required.
- Follow up on action points agreed on the Health & Safety Improvement Log and by the Health and Safety Committee within the agreed timescales.
- Ensure quality procedures relating to maintenance are followed eg. calibration of measuring equipment.
- Minor troubleshooting & maintenance for office equipment if required.
- Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- Experience working on mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Relevant mechanical/electrical engineering qualification - NVQ/OND
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive starting salary circa 20-25k per annum depending on experience plus shift allowance.
For more information please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333