Manufacturing Quality Manager
Salary - £25,000 to £35,000 negotiable depending on experience.
Hours - Dayshift - Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm, Friday 8am to 12 noon
Grafton Specialist Engineering recruitment has been retained to recruit a Manufacturing Quality Manager for a top manufacturing company based in Derry/Londonderry. This position offers long term career aspirations with a company that has experienced significant growth in recent years.
Main function: The primary responsibility of the Manufacturing Quality Manager is to effectively manage the Quality function within Manufacturing. They will improve Manufacturing quality performance, measured in terms of the number of quality-related incidents and parts per million defects.
The successful candidate will lead robust corrective actions within Manufacturing in order to achieve no repeat defects following corrective actions, and manage the resolution of internal quality incidents at the earliest possible level and escalation where needed.
* To perform all activities in a safe manner in full compliance with Company Policy and Procedures.
* To liaise with Shift Performance Managers and other key personnel to identify root cause of quality incidents and eliminate recurrence.
* KPI responsibility for improving Manufacturing quality performance, measured in terms of the number of quality-related incidents and Parts per Million defects.
* KPI responsibility for improving our Manufacturing 'No Defects Post-CAPA' performance through CAPA Review and other defined processes.
* Escalate quality exceptions when required to Quality Manager in a timely manner.
* To ensure that products ship to our customers Right First Time.
* Management responsibility for Bemis Healthcare Packaging's 'Q Up' process.
* Optimise quality-related inventory levels.
* Manage own and team's KPI activities and conduct Performance Reviews with direct reports in a timely manner.
* Any other quality-related activities as advised by the Quality Manager.
* Degree qualified in an Engineering/Science related discipline.
* 3 years' management experience leading a Quality Control, Quality Systems, or Quality Assurance function within a manufacturing or similar environment.
* Demonstrable experience of using structured problem-solving techniques.
* Demonstrable experience of continuous improvement principles e.g. Six Sigma with positive results.
* Experience as a Quality Manager within a Medical Device/Pharmaceutical Manufacturing environment.
* Demonstrable experience of working in an SAP Manufacturing environment. Working knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control).
* Formal Lead Auditor certification.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive starting salary circa 25-35k per annum depending on experience
To discuss confidentially or for more information please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333