Location: County Antrim
Salary: Attractive salary commensurate with qualifications & experience
My client who are currently seeking a Manufacturing Manager, are one of Ireland's most successful and innovative manufacturers and are a market leader in the packaging industry. They have a vacancy for a Manufacturing Manager (the position has arisen through continued expansion) who will report directly to the Operations Director and will be responsible for:
Having full accountability for directing, managing and leading production. The manufacturing manager will be required to manager the co-ordination of operational resources to ensure consistent manufacturing and fulfilment of customer orders to time, quantity, quality and cost within a fast-paced FMCG operating environment. The manufacturing manager will also be required to ensure the delivery of all key manufacturing KPI's including meeting output and quality requirements
- To exercise full managerial control and responsibility for all relevant manufacturing KPI's and their attainment
- To be the owner of production standards commensurate with FMCG food factory hygiene.
- Through close collaboration with the Engineering & Projects Manager ensure the current asset base is well maintained, supports production needs, and delivers the required reliability & efficiencies demanded of the business
- As manufacturing manager you will provide firm leadership and to lead, manage and develop production teams
- Develop and maintain Team working with suppliers, colleagues, peers, both internal and external customers.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement and cost saving opportunities through 5S, Lean Manufacturing and TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) methodologies. Manage and participate in the management of change and ensure that change initiatives are implemented effectively and efficiency.
- To control manufacturing/operational costs within agreed budgets and establish a viable framework for annual cost improvement
- 5+ years of prior experience as an effective leader in manufacturing or operational roles
- Proven track record of providing hands on leadership in a manufacturing environment with particular emphasis on people management and development
- Strong knowledge of Health & Safety in requirements in a factory environment
- Proven Financial awareness
- Minimum 2:1 Hons degree in a relevant discipline
The job holder may be required to undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required of him / her in the post, the department mentioned above or in the company
If interested in the Manufacturing Manager positions please forward your cv asap. If you would like more information or to discuss in total confidence please call Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333 or 07966990462
If the Manufacturing Manager role is not quite what you are looking for, but are interested in production and manufacturing roles, please check out the Grafton website on;
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.