Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a Mapping and Charting Officer to start mid August 2017 for a duration of up to March 2018.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00 p/h
13+ week's £13.73 p/h
Hours: 37 hours per week
- A BTEC National Certificate or equivalent qualification in an appropriate subject, such as Civil Engineering Surveying, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Physical Sciences, Engineering; and
- At least two years relevant post-qualification experience gained in the last five years in a company/organisation where you have made practical use of your qualification.
- BTEC Higher National Certificate or equivalent in an appropriate subject, such as Civil Engineering Surveying, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Physical Sciences, Engineering; and
- At least one years relevant post-qualification experience, gained in the last five years in a company/organisation where you have made practical use of your qualification.
In addition, must hold a current driving licence enabling them to drive in Northern Ireland and/or have access to a form of transport, which will meet the travelling requirements of the job in full.
Specific Experience Required
- Knowledge of ArcMap software would be desirable or other GIS editing packages, but training will be provided. Also preferable is an understanding of GI Concepts and interpretation of orthophotography.
Mapping and Charting Officers are responsible for surveying information on ground and property change, using ground and aerial survey techniques. Mapping and Charting Officers are also involved in a wider range of geographic information functions, for example aerial imagery, collection and processing, managing geographically referenced addresses, database management, boundaries work, cartography, geodetic survey, and maintenance of road and other location related data.
Officers at Mapping and Charting Officer grade are responsible for the following activities:
- Understanding and manipulating geographic information / Engaging with GI related IT applications / Management of relational database technologies in the context of LPS / Digital data models / Topographical surveying and data collection / Using cartographic skills to manipulate digital data / Photogrammetry / Address Data Maintenance and gazetteers / Geodesy and boundaries / Web mapping technologies / Sales and customer service in a GI environment / Product management in Mapping and GI / Intellectual Property in mapping.
- Creation, editing and attribution of vector linework within ArcMap Software
- Editing of data within ArcMap to create network, adding road attributes
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
The deadline for applications will be Monday 24th July at 10am