Our client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a Marketing Officer to join their team on a temporary basis for at least 4 months
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Develop and deliver a range of co-ordinated marketing initiatives and strategies within the Economic Growth, Regeneration & Tourism Department in relation to corporate marketing, Tourism Forum, tourism development and Town Centres.
Responsible for the use of Corporate Branding in line with corporate guidelines and marketing and communications strategies.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, co-ordinate and project manage marketing initiatives within the operational areas of the Economic Growth, Regeneration & Tourism Department.
- Manage the effective use of corporate branding and oversee correct use of such branding in line with corporate guidelines.
- Develop a partnership with the private sector and key stakeholders with regard to a range of marketing projects relating to Tourism and Town Centre Development.
- Take full responsibility for the management of administration functions relating to departmental and corporate marketing initiatives.
- Identify all possible grant aided opportunities for marketing activities and liaise with appropriate bodies and assist as necessary with applications. Take responsibility of delivering such projects in relation to the post.
- Responsible for the management, monitoring and processing of funding from external bodies, public and private sector organisations relating to marketing initiatives
- Responsible for completing appraisals and post evaluation of all marketing projects.
- Responsible for developing and servicing of Tourism Forums and to ensure the effective development and delivery of tourism initiatives.
- Act as a committee officer for Tourism Forums, prepare agendas for meetings and liaise with respective chair.
- Develop and deliver a co-ordinated communications and marketing strategy for Tourism Forums and Town Centre Partnerships.
- Responsible for developing, designing and producing an internal newsletter in line with communications strategy.
- Monitor and provide recommendation on presentation and accuracy of information on the website.
- Contribute to the development of a strategy to ensure the development and promotion of the Borough.
- Contribute to the development of operational plans, which requires prioritisation of objectives, resource planning and project planning.
- Optimise the use of IT systems in marketing and customer service.
- Assist the Economic and Tourism Development Manager to comply with the printing of "Best Value".
- Have a minimum of a third level qualification in a marketing related subject
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have 2 years experience in a marketing environment, to include; Successful delivery of promotions and marketing activities
- Be able to demonstrate that they have 2 years experience in a marketing environment, to include; proven ability in developing and promoting initiatives and events
- Be able to demonstrate that they have two years experience in a marketing environment, to include effectively working in partnership with a range of stakeholders to deliver programmes to achieve common goals
- A clear understanding and competence in the use of Microsoft Office to include; Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Hold a full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a form of transport