Position: Material Planner
Salary: 25-30k DOE
Our client who are one of Ireland's leading logistics and distribution suppliers are urgently seeking a Materials Planner for a temporary contract.
Reporting to the Operations Engineering Manager the Material Planner is responsible for the stores operation and material planning, effectively and efficiently, contributing to the overall service delivery of the department.
The Material Planner conducts both the planning and the physical stores transactions to ensure that material and kits are planned and issued in line with customer requirements.
- Ensure that inventory is effectively managed to support operations requirements.
- Stock holding quantities with reorder point and associated replenishment batch sizes for Operations Engineering Manager approval.
- Support Operations Engineering requirements through the issue of material and kits.
- Carry out all physical stock movements (except under self service process)including use of forklift.
- Maintain stock of material within service vans.
- Deliver materials to a point as and when required.
- Maintain stock accuracy within acceptable limits.
- Carry out cycle and audit counts
- Maintain all accurate records of all transactions, including computerised systems.
- Maintain history and warranty records on all relevant parts.
- Maintain accurate and complete part master information.
Candidate should have 2-3 years' experience in a similar role. They should also hold 5 GCSE's (including Maths and English) or equivalent, have a full Driving Licence and if possible a forklift licence.
Please contact Glenda Reddington for more information or to discuss in total confidence on 02890 323333