Material Planner - £11-£13p/h - Larne
Grafton Recruitment is continuing its longstanding relationship with a global manufacturing organisation to recruit for a temporary Material Planner at their state-of-the-art facility in Larne. Initially a temporary assignment, there is scope for this role to be converted to a permanent position for the right candidate.
You will collaborate with suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules, and resolve issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production. You will work with the facility production schedulers and operations personnel to support facility production and point of use material availability.
* Ensures the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans. Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborates with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production.
* Actively collaborates with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues. This work may require planning for alternate manufacturing methods.
* Analyses established parts schedules and production requirements, converting requirements into appropriate piece parts, requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels and issuing work orders. Analyses engineering releases for changes and/or new releases and coordinates effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items.
* Manages and performs supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components.
* Supports supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
* Performs work to improve point of use material availability, applying root cause analysis and corrective actions. Provides Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning.
* Completion of A levels; Additional general business education or equivalent on-the-job training - preferred.
* Significant job related experience to include experience in Purchasing/Supply Chain environment.
Job related experience must include:
- Administrative experience
- Experience of supply chain
- Experience of Microsoft Office to include working knowledge of excel
* Familiarity with company manufacturing facilities, processes and equipment
* Knowledge and experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation logistics
* Ability to use and troubleshoot MRP control systems - preferably SAP
For further information please contact Craig on 02890323333 or submit your CV via the link