Our Public sector client is looking for a Media Relations Officer on a temporary basis for 3 months.
Role: Media Relations Officer
Rate of Pay: £15.24 per hour
Hours: 37 hours a week
Duration: 3 months
- To manage all day to day media relations, activities including handling and responding to all press enquires
- Research, prepare draft, clear and distribute press releases, articles, photographs and other publicity material and issue to NI media
- Trade press and digital and social media as appropriate
- Provide specialist advise and guidance on presenting key messages and reactive responses
- Where appropriate prepare company statements, speeches, arrange press briefings, liaise with external organisations
- Arrange and manage press, radio and television interviews as appropriate deal with media aspects of a difficult nature eg sensitive/confidential/emotive/major and other operational incidents.
- Identify specialist media and seek proactive media opportunities in conjunction with key staff
- Minimum of 2 years recent reporting/journalist experience with a newspaper or broadcasting organisation
- 2 years recent communications experience with a multi-disciplined organisation responsible for delivering media relations activities and campaigns
- Degree in Communications / marketing / journalism or process a diploma with includes PR /communications as a module or alternatively be able to demonstrate at least 3 years' experience in a similar post
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong proof reading skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Experience with working with Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint knowledge of modern communication systems eg internet, multimedia, databases and digital / social media.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours including ability to work weekends and outside normal office hours to meet media demands and requirements
- Full driving licence and access to a car.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kathy Fraser will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Monday 26th September at 10am.