Key Activities - Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reading, recording and reporting on meters within the NI Water billing system including
- Recording and submitting reads using handheld units and PC/laptop
- Reporting data inaccuracies
- Reporting issues that prevent reads from taking place, damage to or visible faults with meters, stopcocks and meter boxes and raising jobs to rectify such issues.
- Installation of new meters
- Assisting with metering projects where required
- Provide operational cover for Meter Reader colleagues during absence periods
- Liaison with those with which there is a Key Working Relationship (as below)
- Ensure good time management of day to day activities
- Actively contribute towards the achievement of team KPI's
- Perform to clear and agreed team and personal goals, provide regular feedback on performance against these goals
- Ensure a high level of compliance and customer service is delivered
- Maintain regular communication with those with which there is a Key Working Relationship (as below)
- Ensure that key processes are uniformly followed, maintained and improved where appropriate
- Assist in Business Improvement projects / Continuous Improvement particularly in those relating to KPIs
Applicants MUST be able to demonstrate in their application form and where necessary at interview:
- 2 GCSE's in English & Maths or equivalent at Grade C or above
- Basic knowledge and working experience of using computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer or similar.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of reading revenue bearing meters and identification of meter types within a utility environment
- The ability to interpret basic technical drawings/knowledge of mapping systems, eg Google Maps
- A current valid driving licence which will enable you to fulfil your responsibilities.
- A requirement to participate in an out of hours on-call and overtime rota as well as a requirement to work overtime; including weekends and public and privilege holiday.
- A knowledge and understanding of the range of services provide by NI Water Field Services
- A minimum of 12 months experience working in a utility based company
- Experience in a customer interface environment.
If you meet all of the above criteria and available for this temporary assignment please submit your cv to email@example.com by Monday 10th October. CV's received after this time will not be accepted.