Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Neighbourhood Renewal Co-ordinator to start ASAP until the end of June 2017
Role: Neighbourhood Renewal Co-Ordinator
Pay rate: weeks 1 - 12 £13.15p/h weeks 12+ £14.76p/h
Hours: 3 full days - flexible between Monday - Friday (22.2 hours )
- To support and co-ordinate the implementation of the Neighbourhood Renewal Plan for Coleraine/ Limavady, including identification of gaps in statutory provision and facilitation of agreement between local service providers on co-ordinated delivery within the Neighbourhood Renewal areas.
- To report progress on the implementation of the Neighbourhood Renewal Action Plan to the Neighbourhood Renewal Partnership Board and its working groups.
- To develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders including public, private and community / voluntary organisations to ensure the co-ordination and effective delivery of proposed actions.
- To assist and support community organisations in the Neighbourhood Renewal Area with project delivery and to ensure that appropriate systems and procedures are in place to manage funding awarded.
- To identify areas of weak community infrastructure in the Neighbourhood Renewal areas and establish ways of increasing community participation and self-help.
- To establish necessary subgroups/committees/forums deemed necessary to achieve full implementation of the Neighbourhood Renewal Action Plan and provide developmental support to these subgroups and working groups.
- To assist and facilitate ongoing community consultation to identify and update local community needs and assist with the preparation of action plans and Neighbourhood Renewal projects.
- To support and guide the Neighbourhood Renewal Board and its working groups through programme assessment including preparation of recommendations to the Department for Communities.
- To raise the profile of activities promoted within the Neighbourhood Renewal area through press, media, organisation of events/conferences and production of newsletters.
- To organise training for the Neighbourhood Renewal Board working group members and the wider community sector and coordinate best practice visits and other bespoke training as necessary.
- Report to the Community Development Manager and any relevant Council Group and prepare reports as necessary.
- Support the Community Development Manager to develop and manage the Neighbourhood Renewal element of the Council's Community Development Programme budget, preparing estimates, monitoring expenditure and preparing financial draw down claims for submission to Funding Bodies.
- To establish and maintain effective monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure regular performance reporting to the Department for Communities and other interested parties.
- To carry out research, prepare and present reports as directed by the Community Development Manager and the Neighbourhood Renewal Partnership Board.
- To manage Council Projects funded under the Neighbourhood Renewal Programme and prepare necessary information, claims/returns to funding bodies as required.
- To identify funding and other opportunities that may be beneficial to residents/groups in targeted areas of deprivation.
- To liaise with officers within Community Development section and other working/consultative groups or specific project teams as necessary to promote community development in targeted areas of deprivation.
Applicants must possess:
- A third level academic qualification
- Minimum 2 years experience of : one or more of the following : Implementing community development or economic development initiatives, or community, regional or local development plus
- Project management
Alternatively , consideration will be given to candidates who do not posses the required educational qualification but who can demonstrate 4 years relevant experience as outlined above.
- Understanding of issues impacted on service delivery
- Computer literacy - ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint
- A current full driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car or * have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
*applies only to applicant who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act
- Strategy development and implementation
- Experience of developing and managing stakeholder partnerships
- A clear understanding of the workings of local government and the wider environment in which it operates.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.