Neighbourhood Renewal Officer required on a temporary basis for a local Public Sector organisation based in Newtownards £7.25 Per Hour.
Role: Neighbourhood Renewal Officer
Rate of Pay: £7.25
Hours: Tuesday - Thursday 9am - 5pm
Duration: Up to 31 March 2017
- To implement the Neighbourhood Renewal Programme which will contribute to the social, economic, community and physical development of designated areas across the Co Down Borough
- To assist Neighbourhood Renewal communities to develop and implement agreed Vision and Action plans in partnership with key stakeholders and service providers.
- To advise and assist target communities to develop and implement Neighbourhood Renewal projects and initiatives that improves everyday life for people in those areas.
- To liaise with key stakeholders within the community, voluntary and statutory sectors in relation to Neighbourhood Renewal projects and initiatives
- To secure funding from DFC Neighbourhood Renewal Programme and other sources which contribute to the implementation of the neighbourhood action plans and to liaise closely with funding bodies.
- To provide the secretariat support to Neighbourhood Renewal Partnership and undertake related administrative duties.
- To organise and report to meetings and sub committee meetings of Neighbourhood Renewal Partnership on the various initiatives they company is responsible for.
- To develop and implement the Partnership communication plan including publicity material
- To monitor and evaluate objectives in line with targets and prepare reports to DFC which includes liaising with service delivery partners to ensure submission of Neighbourhood Renewal progress reports.
- To support and facilitate networking and co-ordination between the designated Neighbourhood Renewal areas and promote best practice.
- Educated to 'A' Level standard or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years relevant administrative experience in a busy working environment
- Excellent ICT skills including proficient use of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Ability to prioritise workload, use initiative and deal with sensitive issues.
- 3 years relevant administrative experience and working in a busy environment
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Janey Cordner will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE FRIDAY 18th NOVEMBER AT 12PM.