Our client, a large Public Sector organisation require a temporary Wastewater Networks Sewage Technician for Network Enforcement
Pay rate: £12.05ph
Duration: 5 months
Main Duties / Responsibilities
The Wastewater Networks Sewerage Technician - Enforcement will:
- Deal with network problems with the aim to determine the extent of the issues. They will be expected to provide an informed assessment of the remedial action and follow on work required to ensure that the company maintains its standards of service to the customers, whilst ensuring at all times safe networks operations;
- Respond to and offer resolution where required on all customer facing activities for the wastewater team including the handling of customer complaints from both the sewerage network and the wastewater functions, in their area of responsibility;
- Assist the Field Manager in the development of network maintenance schedules including street ironwork and desilting programmes to ensure optimum performance of the sewer network and compliance against agreed KPI's such as out of sewer flooding and pollution incidents;
- Assist the Field Manager in the implementation of procedures and processes related to identifying and reducing the level of internal and external flooding incidents due to other causes from the NIW sewer network;
- Carry out quality checks on all aspects of contractor work with regard to the sewer network and complete necessary paperwork;
- Assist in the identification of proactive maintenance programmes to enable the reduction of incidences due to Flooding Other Causes (FOC) through detailed investigation to understand route causes;
- Operate the CCTV system were appropriate to ascertain the condition of the sewer network both in conjunction with the JETVAC operator or operating as a single man camera operator;
- Work in tandem with a Jetvac unit providing operational assistance in the operation of the Jetvac to carry out desilting where appropriate to help alleviate flooding and sewer blockages;
- When required provide a detailed report of CCTV work and in conjunction with the Jetvac unit, assist the WW Networks Field Manager to develop an initial assessment of the remedial action required and subsequent follow on work that may be required to ensure that the company maintains its standards of service to the customers;
- The officer will also be involved in the preparation of all necessary paper and electronic documentation including plant log sheets, waste movement dockets and waste handling documentation.
- The officer will be required to investigate commercial premises such as Food Service Establishments (FSEs) and trade effluent discharges in order to gather information, provide education and advice
- The officer will have a particular focus on enforcing relevant legislation which will involve creating case files with appropriate evidence and factual based records in order that NIWs legal team can take individual cases to successful prosecution if required.
Wastewater Networks Sewerage Technician will receive work from a number of sources including directly from his Field Manager, via a "Toughbook" and on occasions directly from the telemetry team or duty manager. The job holder will be required to keep all stakeholders including their Field Manager, WCC, TCC and Duty Manager fully updated in a timely manner and when required to do so seek guidance from their Field manager.
The key objective of the Wastewater Network Sewerage Technician is to ensure the delivery of sewerage services which comply with regulatory and customer service standards and contribute to the organisation's overall strategic business aims.
Applicants MUST be able to demonstrate on their CV
- At least 3 years' experience in an enforcement role working in the public environment.
- A working understanding of legislation with enforcement including cautions and prosecution.
- Experience in dealing directly with customers, demonstrating good oral and written communications skills and good IT skills.
- Experience in handling difficult situations in a calm and professional way
- Experience in working effectively and positively with the public
- Experience in the recording of accurate records and evidence for official use with an view to enforce legal action
- Demonstrate a positive work attitude: enthusiastic, confident, helpful, committed
- Experience in dealing with contractors and an understanding of contract documentation;
- Good understanding of Health & Safety legislation particularly in regards to Streetworks and be medically fit to undergo any training in relation to confined space work.
- A full, current driving licence;
- Be required to participate in out of hours standby and callout duties as required;
If interested please upload your CV to the link provided
* Please note successful candidates will be required to complete a basic Access NI Security check at a cost of £26.00 and complete a medical.