Job Title: Night Manager
Job Purpose: To manage the hotel and night staff, during the hours of 11pm-7am
DESCRIPTION OF MAIN TASKS
- To ensure that the Reception desk is covered at night and that telephone answering is prompt and to the hotel standard by night staff.
- To complete all aspects of night audit and carry out appropriate handover with Reception.
- To ensure all conference rooms are set-up per function sheet for the next day's business.
- To ensure that the public areas, i.e. toilets, Reception foyer and function areas are clean and tidy.
- To run end of day procedures and ensure all work is checked for errors prior to passing to accounts.
- To carry out a nightly fire check on all areas.
- To attend to all customer requests, with special emphasis on early morning calls, paper delivery and room bar service.
- To provide a night bar service for residents and regulars.
- To deal effectively with customer complaints / comments as and when they arise.
- To ensure that guest's are dealt with satisfactorily and any complaints are reported in hand over book.
- To attend H.O.D's meetings and other meetings when requested.
- To be responsible for appraising and disciplining staff when necessary.
- To take responsibility for training and developing staff as appropriate.
- To attend training sessions as and when required.
- To maintain wage percentage at an acceptable level.
- To sell the hotel facilities at all times.
- To be familiar with all hotel services and facilities.
- To ensure that the security of hotel and guests is of paramount importance at all times.
- To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming for self and staff.
- To comply with all safety rules and procedures, e.g. health and safety, hygiene and fire
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by management.
- Previous hotel experience
- Previous reception supervisory or management level experience
- Demonstrable experience leading a team
- Excellent organisation and delegation skills
- Previous experience of working nights is desirable
- Computer literate
If you meet the above criteria and interested in this position, please submit your cv to email@example.com by Monday 28th August @ 12noon. Cv's received after this time will not be accepted.