World's fourth largest independent software company and a global leading provider of security, storage, and systems management solutions.
Job Title: UA (User Assistance) Localization Engineer
The user assistance content localization engineer is an integral part of the Globalization team and will report to Software Engineering manager.
UA engineers are responsible for creating high quality localised documentation. PDFs, HTML, EULAs and other online help deliverables. They manage end to end process for the translation of the product documentation.
The successful candidate should be pro-active and motivated, and have a passion for process improvement, optimisation, problem solving, and delivering high quality content to our customers.
- Deliver localized product content (Help, Documentation, Eula, etc) following the defined content localization process.
- Resolve problems with XML/HTML content and other similar industry standard file formats.
- Working with peers in the Information Development teams to resolve any problems affecting delivery of high quality content.
- Working with peers across the Globalization team to resolve any problems to deliver the highest quality content
- Deep knowledge of software translation cycle, CMS and CAT tools
- Managing the flow of translation kits to and from translation vendors
- Ensuring proper information flow and high workflow efficiency
- Partner with Project Managers and functional teams to schedule, plan, and deliver on commitments.
- Identify and provide solutions to localizability problems within the documentation localisation process.
- Track and measure efficiency through Retrospective analysis
- Proactively report in a timely manner any issues or concerns impacting delivery to Project management team
- 3+ years of localisation experience
- Experience working on wide and varied range of localisation products
- Strong track record in implementing automation and process efficiencies
- Degree, diploma or equivalent in a computer related discipline
- Working knowledge about SDL World Server is an advantage
- Experience with scripting languages
- XML and HTML knowledge a distinct advantage
- Regex an advantage
- Knowledge of product documentation and help is an distinct advantage
- Experience managing workflow through vendors is an advantage
Please forward your CV for the attention of Joanne Duffy (Walkinstown Branch)