Operations Director/General Manager
Salary: £80,000 - £100,000
Location: Co. Tyrone
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit an Operations Manager/Site Manager for a superb company in Co. Tyrone. The successful, candidate will have full responsibility for the commercial and operational function .This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to join a diverse company and develop their career further. The post holder will be degree qualified (food technology/food science preferred) with at least five years' experience of operating at a similar level in a manufacturing industry. Preference will be given to candidates who have previous experience of working in the food related manufacturing sector.
To lead the site so as to efficiently meet customer and market requirements while generating sustainable positive margins. Delivering best practice performance in product quality, customer service, processing, regulatory compliance and budgeted profit.
- To optimising operational performance in order to meet organisational KPI's and to deliver world class performance.
- To meet customer and market requirements within the constraints of budgeted financial performance parameters including: profit, turnover, margin, cash flow, working capital and cost.
- To develop the site strategy, budgets, business plan, forecasts and performance targets within the context of overall group strategy to ensure production and material planning is properly prepared and executed.
- Implement a structured and monitored approach to performance covering efficiencies, cost, waste, yield and people.
- Optimise plant performance by ensuring all plant and equipment is properly operated and maintained.
- Leading the team to optimise the performance of all employees involved with the operation. This will include effective communication, target setting, employee develop/coaching and initiating corrective action in areas of poor performance and behaviour.
- To develop and maintain the necessary systems, procedures, training and working practices to deliver best practice and meet the requirements of site management, group policies, accreditation bodies, customer requirements and statutory compliance.
- To create a continuous improvement culture owned and implemented across the workforce. Benchmark against best in class, investigate new methods and technologies and implement where appropriate. Monitor performance trends and initiate improvement activities and corrective actions.
- Work in an interdependent way as part of the group manufacturing team on driving the business forward.
- Liaises with Sales and Marketing to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Assists in development of new products in liaison with the Group Development Manager.
- Ensure that the Factory conforms to the Health & Safety legislation and holds regular reviews.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
It is essential that the candidate can prove strong man management in their previous employment.
- Be degree qualified (food technology/food science preferred)
- Must posses at least five years' experience of operating at a similar level in a manufacturing industry
For more information please contact Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333