Manage and develop professional relationships with Client CMO's in the supply of finished goods, medical devices and services by implementing the Client CMO governance policy. Assist with the day to day operational issues to find outcomes that ensure continuity of supply of our products to the market. Lead cross functional teams with the CMO's on all operational issues and escalate issues as necessary in a timely manner. Project management is required to ensure success by delivering on milestones and costs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage new and /or existing CMO relationships in accordance with the GES Governance Policy.
- Leads the weekly / biweekly operational calls with GES functional support and the CMO.
- Monitor adherence to CMO contractual obligations. Escalates issues as necessary to the Operational Manager.
- Review of all technical documents: validation protocols, batch records etc.
- Coordinate activities around integration of CMO activities into Global External Supply (GES)
- Manages any projects at the CMO and ensures milestones are on track. Adopts the GES project tracking tools
- Reviews project costing for each external manufacturer and coinciding project
- Raising of Requistions and financial tracking of MPIL PO's as required
- Works with the internal cross-functional team to ensure there is no interruption to supply and manages these relationships
- Works with the CMO's to lower COGS where possible
- Supports the clients Global Sterilisation team to ensure that the CMO's have the capability to meet the requirements for Sterilisation in each specific market
- Performs other GES related duties as assigned
- Ensures their training record if up to date at all times
- Science / Engineering degree required. Advanced degree preferred
- At least 3years experience in the pharmaceutical industry required. Drug product platform experience preferred, in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Experience working with medical devices is preferred.
- Experience in project management is essential.
- Experience in product transfer, validation, and working with other company functions (e.g. Quality, Regulatory, Legal and Finance) required.
- Experience of working with external manufacturing partners preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, and technical expertise in manufacturing pharmaceuticals, / computer fluency.