Operations Manager | Pharmaceuticals | Permanent Role
The Role: Operations Manager
- Lead the team to optimise performance in terms of output, quality, costs etc, including mentoring and development as required.
- Interface with management to ensure all employee relations issues are reasonably, fairly and consistently dealt with, in conjunction with the HR Manager.
- Ensure all operations are carried out in accordance with GMP ISO9001/ISO13485/ISO14001 and 18001 depending on regulatory and customer requirements.
- Continual assessment of the effectiveness of operations include potential continuous programmes for improvement.
- Support the Operations Department by ensuring all equipment is maintained in an efficient manner and by minimising downtime.
- Set up & maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for all equipment, ensuring that adequate spare parts are available.
- Ensure all processes are in compliance with validation requirements.
- Recommend and implement process improvements.
- Ensure that waste is measured and minimised within the factory.
- To agree and control overhead and revenue budgets.
- To justify capital expenditure, where applicable.
- Ensure that all equipment meets current Health & Safety and any other relevant regulatory standards.
- Preparation of validation documentation eg User Requirement Specifications (URS) for new equipment/systems and factory layout diagrams.
- Assist R&D and Quality in the qualification of all production equipment & facilities, including review and approval of GMP qualification protocols, reports & risk assessments.
- Raise & approve all GMP change controls and deviations as required.
- Assist Technical/QA with customer and regulatory bodies eg IMB, GMP, ISO & NSF audits as required.
- Maintain accurate batch documentation in line with Good Manufacturing Practice procedures.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the facility & grounds to an excellent standard.
- Engage continually in developing World Class practices while driving out costs, waste (both time and materials) and inefficiencies.
- Work to ensure highest level of team work and cooperation between departments at all times.
- Significant solid 10 years+ management experience in a fast paced, customer focused
- Strong communication, organisation and leadership skills
- An approachable and enthusiastic manner
- Be able to make decisions using own initiative but involving relevant assistance where necessary.
- Be confident in dealing with and had previous experience in dealing with performance management.
- Be fully flexible and prepared to take accountability of the uninterrupted opening hours of the business.
- Be fully committed, passionate, reliable and dynamic in fully engaging in our Company Ethos, and treating the business as your own.
- 65 - 70k
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Swords branch on 01-8900190 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.