Operations Team Leader
My client is one of Irelands leading and most reputable employers who operate within the food production and packaging industry. As a member of the operations team the Operations Team Lead will have full responsibility for managing production operations and staff within the area of responsibility to meet the Company objectives and key performance targets.
Reporting to: Production Manager Responsibilities & Duties
- Review line skills matrix for teams, ensure all skills are available when required, liaise with trainers to request training priorities.
- Identify Safety hazards. Raise SIR's and feedback to team. Do not deviate from plan and minimise bulk.
- Escalate any accidents to PM/Safety Lead and follow up accident investigations procedure
- Deliver the required SIR's to meet target and feedback has been filtered to the shop level teams through their managers.
- Ensure that there is engagement with the specialist training team to provide the required support to eliminate any skills gap. Ensure the right levels of skills are available when running a shift.
- Check during the run weight control, machine set up, quality spec, recording of production sheet etc.
- Management of quality culture - rejects levels to be monitored and challenged if deemed within their control to prevent.
- Engage with Technical colleagues and cross functional leads where required follow up support actions are needed
- Conduct register/headcount check and allocate labour to ensure line starts 1 min past shift start time. This includes good and effective communication with your agency coordinator who should support your labour requirements.
- To ensure slick changeovers make sure all materials/utensils and instructions are available before you need then on the line.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to liaise with varying stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external.
- Problem solving skills.
- Organisational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Good General Education.
- People Management skills
- Proven leadership and management experience within a FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Food processing knowledge.
- HACCAP experience and or qualification.
- IOSH qualification.
- Previous experience of achievement in continuous improvement.
- Change agent; ability to demonstrate a previous experience of delivering sustainable change initiatives and results.
- 3rd Level qualification
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Glenda on 02890 323333