Operations Team Leader
Location: Co. Antrim
My client is one of Irelands leading and most reputable employers who operate within the food production and packaging industry.
Reporting to: Shift Manager
As a member of the operations team will have full responsibility for managing production operations and staff within the area of responsibility.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Encourage your team to do better, give praise and challenge to support progress.
- Identify Safety hazards.
- Escalate any accidents to PM/Safety Lead and follow up accident investigations procedure
- Effective delivery of employee weekly/daily communications via huddles/briefs.
- Ensure that there is engagement with the specialist training team to provide the required support to eliminate any skills gap. Ensure the right level of skills is available when running a shift.
- Management of quality culture - rejects levels to be monitored and challenged if deemed within their control to prevent.
- Operation Team Leads to attend trials/critical path meeting.
- Take lead of customers visits when required for your areas of responsibility.
- Customer Service Levels to be maintained through line attainment to plan.
- To ensure a good start of shift, arrive in advance of shift start, walk the line and complete verbal handover with opposite number daily.
- Coordinate and verbal exchange through cell review that the required materials and equipment are available on site for the start of next shift planned production run.
- Make sure your staff are on line at shift start.
- Conduct register/headcount check and allocate labour to ensure line starts 1 min past shift start time.
- Ensure correct equipment target run rates are in operation by conducting confirmation checks on line of equipment speeds and actuals speeds through time measurement.
- Conduct labour checks through visual confirmation counts of heads and correct location on line based on skills required.
- You are responsible for ordering your labour from the agency.
- Handover effectively to the next shift.
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills.
- Organisational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- People Management skills
- Food processing knowledge.
- HACCAP experience and or qualification.
- IOSH qualification.
If interested in the Operations team Leader Position please forward your cv asap. If you would like more information or to discuss in total confidence please call Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333 or 07966990462
If the Operations Team Leader is not quite what you are looking for, but are interested in production and manufacturing roles, please check out the Grafton website on;
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.