Our client in the Antrim area are looking to recruit 2 Operational Team Leaders. 1 role is full time permanent and the other will be full time maternity cover.
As an Operations Team Leader you will have responsibility for staff and rota management and for ensuring that the community based requirements of a high quality Domiciliary Care Service are met. Operation Team Leaders will manage a team of Care Workers and interact directly with Care Workers, Service Users and Health & Social Care professionals.
- Promote a caring environment for Service Users in the delivery of the Domiciliary Care Service.
- Contribute to the proper functioning of the referral process by receiving and allocating referrals in accordance with Policies and Procedures.
- Contribute to the management of service delivery by interaction with the Service User and their family from Initial Visit, all reviews, risk assessments and other interactions as necessary to closure of service.
- Produce and distribute timely and accurate rotas for the service,communicating changes to the rota as appropriate.
- Complete relevant paperwork for Service User and Care Worker interactions.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the service based on Service User feedback.Participate in the on-call rota.
- Lead a team of Care Workers providing support and on going personal development.
- Responsible for the proactive management of a team including absence management, probation reviews, disciplinary and grievance matters, supervision and appraisals.
- Contribute to the Recruitment Plan by identifying resource needs within your area of responsibility.
- Contribute to the recruitment, induction and training of new staff in accordance with Policies and Procedures.
Information and Communication
- Display excellent communication skills in all interactions with colleagues, Service Users and external stakeholders.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at staff, stakeholder, internal and external meetings
- Contribute to compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements and Domiciliary Care Standards with particular focus on Care Worker practice and contact with Service Users.
- Contribute to the investigation and resolution of complaints to ensure they are managed in accordance with Policies and Procedures
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive files and records relating to Service Users and Care Workers in accordance with Policies and Procedures and RQIA Standards.
Health and Safety
- Ensure accident and incident reports are completed and reported in line with Policies and Procedures
- Contribute to the implementation of the Health and Safety Policy within the organisation.
- .Proactively contribute to all operational meetings.
- Establish constructive working relationships with colleagues, Service Users and other stakeholders.
- Promote team working across organisation.
- Promote the Mission and Values.
5 GSCE's (A-C) including English and Maths or equivalent.
12 months experience of managing staff in an operational setting.
6 months experience of providing excellent Customer service.
Proficient IT skills in Microsoft Office.
Excellent communication skills including influencing and negotiation skills.
Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of working in a Health & Social Care setting.
- Experience of preparing rotas to ensure effective staff utilisation in the delivery of a quality service.
- Experience of managing a remote team.
- Two A-Levels or NVQ Level 3 or equivalent preferably in Health & Social Care.