Due to the continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen with our client for an Order Processor within the customer service team.
About the role:
Reporting to the Customer Services and Business Development Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible ensuring the proactive and timely processing of orders received on a daily basis within a specified time frame. This is a pressurised role working to tight deadlines which requires high levels of speed and accuracy.
Key Responsibilities: (not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive)
- Processing all orders received on a daily basis within a specified time frame.
- 100% accuracy to be aimed for at all times.
- Meeting deadlines and cut off times to ensure orders are despatched when expected.
- Escalating queries to relevant persons and departments so that they are closed out in a timely fashion and promise dates are not affected.
- Filing in an orderly fashion so that files can be easily retrieved and audited.
- Offering solutions or alternatives to customers on orders, quotes and shortages where possible.
- Liaising and working closely with all internal departments, communicating clearly any issues to ensure delivery of customer service excellence.
- Daily contact with Key Account Managers to facilitate ongoing account management.
- Daily usage of IT systems and procedures to ensure accuracy and making recommendations for continual improvement.
- Attending team briefs and meetings.
- Ensuring that communication and service levels are consistently of the highest order and sales targets are met.
- Any other duties as delegated by Management.
- GCSE passes or equivalent including Grade C+ in English and Maths
- Experience working in a customer services/order processing environment
- Experience and confidence in liaising with a range of personnel from the various disciplines
- Excellent IT skills in particular Microsoft Office in particular Excel and Sage
- Excellent keyboard skills with both speed and accuracy
- Excellent communications skills both orally and written
- Ability to work on own initiative and remain focused and calm under time pressure
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to manage hourly/daily deadlines
- Ability to provide good customer services
- Good team player, willing to assist colleagues within a busy, fast paced environment
- Educated to A Level standard
- A working knowledge/experience in the use of Sales Logix
- Evidence of qualification in keyboard skills would be advantageous