P/T Temp Management Accountant required for a leading Public Sector Organisation based in Lisburn.
Salary: £15.96 ph
Provide Management Accounting and Capital Accounting services to support the achievement of the Corporate Strategy
- In conjunction with the finance manager- financial planning and performance produce annual estimates for services including liaising with stake holders to determine an appropriate level of income and expenditure. Prepare reports for the use of the management team
- To produce accurate timely management accounts to services and senior management
- To maintain the fixed asset register, to ensure the Assets are accounted for in accordance with relevant accounting standards. Review and management of the work in progress and prepare reports on a monthly basis
- Manage lease registers and associated general ledger postings
- Preparation and/or review of statutory and other financial returns as required by the Finance Manager, within the appropriate timescales.
- Liaise with auditors and other external agencies to ensure compliance with regulations and statutes. Coordinate responses to Freedom of information requests and Assembly questions for review by the Head of Finance & IT
- Develop and maintain financial and management information systems as required. Development and provision of any financial training as required. To maintain the integrity of information from all computerised financial systems
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of all relevant accounting legislation guidance, professional standards and policies
- Identify, research and analyse opportunities in relation to performance improvement. Implement and review performance improvement activities within the area of financial services
- Provision of staff training across in Financial Policy and Reporting through the Finance Manager
- Ensure all health and safety legislation, published relevant guidelines and all health and safety policies and procedures are personally complied within relation to the services and activities within the facility
- Full membership of a recognised professional accountancy body
- At least three years employment experience in finance and accountancy
Where the stated qualifications are not met above a minimum of six years relevant work experience as outlined above is required
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you meet the essential criteria, please send your CV across or contact Tanya Lyttle on 028 9266 7585.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
028 9266 7585