- Organising and maintaining the Directors diaries and making appointments. (Updating both the physical and electronic diaries)
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, for the board of Directors, often corresponding on behalf of the Directors.
- To filter all incoming telephone calls, both from the main switchboard and private direct lines and to ensure that all messages are properly and promptly attended to with due priority and initiative when appropriate.
- Meeting and greeting of visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Provide appropriate hospitality and follow up housekeeping. A daily coffee break rota is provided for the Company Directors and from time to time lunch arrangements may be necessary.
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the Directors are well prepared for meetings. Also to take minutes at the Monthly Management meeting.
- Taking dictation and minutes for correspondence and record keeping.
- To initiate communication of common information and correspondence to other colleagues, clients, and suppliers.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and provide assistance during presentations as appropriate.
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings.
- To understand and be able to interrogate the companies IT systems in order to provide operating and management information in relation to the departments and functions controlled by the Directors.
- Be responsible for the distribution of price lists to the sales force and maintenance of price list files.
- Devise and maintain office systems, including data management, physical and electronic filing, etc.
- To plan and co-ordinate business trips, confirm visits & appointments as well as book travel and hotel accommodation for the Directors, their relevant teams and departments, as appropriate.
- Be prepared to travel with a Director to take notes, dictation or assistance at meetings, locally and abroad, if required.
- To organise, co-ordinate and attend the event management of social occasions and trade exhibitions, as required on behalf of the company's business.
- Maintaining all necessary information relating to company vehicles. e.g. purchase information, maintenance, registration documents, insurance details, road tax, spare keys etc.
- To work with our sales team in arranging the distribution of Christmas gifts to our customers.
- Assist the Directors with any personal travel arrangements or personal administration, etc.
- Additional duties may include carrying out specific projects and research at the discretion and priority of the Directors. The role will require an extensive knowledge and understanding of the companies systems, aims and objectives, also key personnel, clients and stakeholders (internal and external).
- Any other duties, within reason and capability as determined by the Directors.
Essential Criteria :
- 5 G.C.S.E. or equivalent passes.
- RSA Stage 2 in word processing/ audio typing or equivalent.
Desirable Criteria :
- RSA Stage 3 in word processing/ audio typing or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 G.C.E. A Level or equivalent passes.
Relevant Knowledge & Experience :
- Previous experience of working in a similar PA or Executive Secretary role at senior level.
- Previous experience of organising an executive level diary, both electronic and hard copy.
- Previous experience of organising filing systems and dealing with executive level correspondence.
- Previous experience of corporate international travel and accommodation arrangements.
Other information :
- The role is in an international business environment, so the flexibility to work outside normal hours is required.
- Valid Driving Licence.
If you are interested in this role and believe you fill all of the criteria please continue by clicking on the apply button below...