PA to Director required immediately on a temporary basis for a local Public Sector organisation based in Belfast
Role: Temporary Ad Hoc PA to Director
Rate of Pay: Pay rate £11.27 per hour.
Hours: 36.25 Hours per week
Duration: 31st May for 3 months - Possibility of extension
- Be the first point of contact for the Director and therefore must be able to communicate effectively and present a pleasant and professional image at all times;
- Be responsible for providing a high level confidential secretarial and administrative service to the Director;
- Manage the Director's diary and co-ordinate any actions and administrative tasks associated with organising the Director's meetings;
- Prepare for meetings for the Director which will include collation and circulation of agendas and papers prior to the meeting;
- Be responsible for taking accurate minutes of meetings;
- Provide a proactive telephone, email and mail log service for the Director, ensuring that all items are recorded, necessary action taken and any follow-up action completed;
- Support the Director in managing relationships between the Directors, the Chief Executive, the Department of Education, the Department for Employment and Learning, other Government departments, the Education and Library Boards, the Chairman, Board Members and all other education and business partners at a senior level;
- Manage, in partnership with the Director/CEO and other relevant stakeholders, the production of inputs to the corporate and operational plans and the subsequent delivery of all goals and objectives associated with the implementation and delivery of these plans;
- Prepare statistical information and reports as required for CCEA Management and external agencies and, where necessary, give advice and make recommendations as appropriate on any actions required;
- Ensure travel and accommodation arrangements are in place and communicate with other travellers to ensure smooth arrangements.
- Two years' recent experience of managing and delivering high quality confidential secretarial support services for senior staff/director/CEO to include: - Planning, prioritising, co-ordinating and controlling high volumes of work; - Taking minutes, collation and circulation of papers for management meetings; - Demonstrating initiative, working under minimal supervision and direction.
- Personal Secretaries Diploma or equivalent
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kathy Fraser will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Friday 27th May AT 2PM.