PA to the Chairman and Chief Executive required on a temporary basis of 9 months for a Public Sector organisation based in Belfast
Role: PA to the Chairman and Chief Executive
Salary: The client have advised the salary is negotiable depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week 7.5 hours a day Monday - Friday, between the hours of 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Liaising with members, clients, suppliers and members of staff on behalf of the CEO and Chairman;
- Managing the timely flow of documentation, including coordinating signatures for documents;
- With delegated authority handle communications with the CEO's key contacts, both internally and externally;
- With delegated authority correspond on behalf of the CEO and Chairman on request;
- Managing the CEO and Chairman's diaries to ensure effective scheduling of meetings, events and other activities;
- Maintenance of CEO and Chairman's diaries in a busy and challenging environment to ensure they are coherent, well organised and aligned with deadlines and changing priorities;
- Issuing accurate agendas within predesignated time scales;
- Collating and issuing papers within predesignated timescales;
- Capturing, collating and agreeing with CEO the action points 24 hours
- Producing accurate minutes within predesignated timescales and circulate as appropriate;
- Coordinating, chasing and reporting on progress on action points arising from meetings on behalf of CEO;
- Participating in, coordinating and reporting progress on projects as required;
- Carrying out background research and present findings to better inform project progression;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations to better inform project progression.
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation for CEO and Chairman;
- Managing any delegated expenditure in accordance with all agreed limits and procedures;
- Completing expense forms;
- Maintaining records of CEO credit card usage.
- A minimum of 5 years Administration/Clerical/Secretarial experience gained within the last 7 years.
- Secretarial/Administrative experience working for a professional individual at senior management level.
- Experience of Board Room level minute taking.
- Demonstrable experience with the Microsoft Office package, especially in Word and Excel
- Minimum of 60 wpm typing ability
- Demonstrable experience of working with processes and systems in a professional secretarial environment
- Experience of critically assessing established processes and systems and being proactive in implementing change.
- Experience in working to strict and conflicting deadlines and working well under pressure.
- Experience in written and oral communication with senior professionals.
- Highly motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to be flexible and reorganise planned activities to meet unexpected demands when providing front line services.
- Hold an awareness of current professional developments and actively participate in professional development.
- Ability to develop professional relationships.
- Be exceptionally well organised to provide superior support in a busy office environment.
- An ability to work in a process and systems environment.
- An ability to critically assess established processes and systems and be proactive in bring forward improvements to those.
- Preparedness to work flexibly to plan peak activity and to support out-of-hours meetings when required.
- To understand the requirements of confidentiality and discretion
- Demonstrable excellence in systems and organisation
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided and a member of the team will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE MONDAY 7th November.