Temporary painter required for local government organisation based at Duncrue Industrial Estate but will be required to travel throughout Greater Belfast Area.
- Maintaining, storing and using all types of painter's tools, e.g. ladders, trestles, staging, brushes, knives and trays etc.
- Erecting and dismantling scaffolding which involves working at heights.
- Applying painter's hygiene in the use of hands, overalls, brushes and rollers, etc.
- Preparing different types of surfaces both externally and economically, e.g. undercoat, gloss, emulsion etc. Hanging different types of wallpaper and wallcoverings, including 'Muraspec' etc.
- Ensuring the proper and safe use and storage of thinners and diluents.
- Treating in the correct manner, cracking, flaking, blistering etc of surfaces.
- Applying varnishes, stains and glazes etc.
- Ensuring that regulations are adhered to.
- Carry out reactive/planned maintenance work
- Work from painting schedule/specification where required.
- Identify, order and collect materials as required.
- Drive vehicles as required.
- Participate in training as required.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Manager and any other appropriate officer.
Qualifications and experience
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms:
- have an NVQ Level II in Painting and Decorating or equivalent qualification; and
- have a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland, or, have access to a form of transport which enables them to carry out the duties of the post in full
Applicants must also have year's experience in the following areas
i. preparing surfaces prior to carrying out painting or
ii. erecting and dismantling relevant equipment, ensuring that health and safety standards are adhered to; and
iii. decorating painting and decorating in a building and maintenance environment;
Rate of pay
Hours of work
Mon to Thurs 8am to 4pm, Friday 8am to 1pm
If interested please apply directly via the link.