Job Title - Paralegal
Grafton Recruitment is a specialist in the provision of temporary and permanent staffing solutions to clients nationwide. We currently have a vacancy for a Paralegal for an 11 month agency contract position in the Innovation Department (Operations, Planning and Innovation Function).
Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. Committed to delivering high quality services to all customers, including generators, suppliers and consumers, across the high voltage electricity system and via the efficient operation of the wholesale power market. It puts in place the grid infrastructure needed to support competition in energy, to promote economic growth, to facilitate more renewable energy, and to provide essential services.
The DS3 (Delivering a Secure, Sustainable Electricity System) Programme is designed to ensure that we can securely operate the electricity system with increasing amounts of variable, non-synchronous renewable generation over the coming years. Together with ongoing grid infrastructure development and the addition of renewable generation capacity, the DS3 Programme is critical to meeting the Ireland and Northern Ireland renewable electricity targets by 2020.
One of the key work streams in the DS3 Programme is the System Services work stream. The aim of the System Services work stream is to put in place the correct structure, level and type of service in order to ensure that the system can operate securely with higher levels of renewable generation. This will reduce the level of curtailment for wind farms and will deliver significant savings to consumers through lower wholesale energy prices
The primary responsibility for the role holder is to provide legal and administrative support to the project team working on the procurement and contracts workstream of the DS3 System Services Programme. The role involves developing and maintaining templates for the DS3 System Services contracts, handling the administration of industry-wide consultations and liaising with the EirGrid legal department in legally reviewing and updating contractual documents. Strong organisational skills are important, as is the ability to work in a fast moving team based environment.
- Provide legal and administrative support as follows:
- Develop and maintain templates for DS3 System Services contracts.
- Liaise with legal department in legally reviewing and modifying contractual documents.
- Handle administration of industry-wide consultations.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team, and to operate with a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
A minimum of three years relevant experience the role holder will have proven experience in a paralegal role.
- Experience working in a paralegal role in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in the advanced use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), including excellent word processing skills
- Experience of dealing with internal and external customers
- Excellent organisational skill and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven experience of working with confidentiality and discretion
- The role holder will demonstrate a flexible approach to work and have the ability to work on their own initiative
- Knowledge of the energy industry.
- Legal qualification (degree or diploma) desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company.
Potential to progress into permanent positons
Hours of work: 36.25 hour working week - Monday to Friday.
Why use Grafton? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.