Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a part time Administrative Officer to start ASAP until the end of March 2018 with possibility of extension
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks £7.05/ £7.50 p/h
13+ weeks £10.29
Hours: 14.8 hours per week, 2 days per week
- One year's experience of working in a busy administrative function
- Experience of maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems and records
- Experience of the following office duties - responsibility for the mail for the office, telephone calls, dealing with correspondence and presentations
- Experience of providing an effective and efficient support function to include - planning and organising events, room bookings, meetings, catering, minute taking and developing systems
- Experience in customer facing roles and of providing a high level of customer satisfaction
- Experience of preparing senior management information to include papers and reading materials
- Experience of diary management for senior management and organising travel and accommodation
- Answering, processing or redirecting where necessary a range of telephone queries from internal and external customers/public, whilst responding appropriately, professional and specifically to customer needs. Recording accurate messages, identifying and referring urgent messages as needed.
- Receiving all visitors to office, responding appropriately to customer needs. Notifying appropriate member of staff in a timely manner. Providing hospitality ie tea/coffee as required.
- Recording and processing incoming mail in a timely manner. Preparation of outgoing mail in a timely manner. Operation of postage imprest
- Typing of all required work which may include pre-sentence reports, management reports, routine letters/memos, Board papers, minutes, forms, e-mails etc. This may include preparation of presentations using Excel or PowerPoint.
- Carry out general office duties; monitoring stock levels of stationery and office equipment (reporting any faults or requests for servicing) and processing of requisitions for the same in an efficient manner. Maintenance of cash books in line with organisational standards. Photocopying, filing and upkeep of office systems. Arranging appointments and maintaining diaries.
- Maintaining, updating and creation of appropriate filing systems for total office needs, including confidential files. Checking, maintaining and updating records.
- Inputting accurate computer/database records and maintenance of same.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and as required by the nature of the role. The nature and the balance of duties may vary between teams.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagn will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE TUESDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER AT 12PM