Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Part-Time Lecturer in Electrical until June 2018 with possible extension
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks £14.00 p/h
13+ weeks £22.37 p/h
- Minimum of Level 3 qualification in Civil Engineering
- Minimum three years recent relevant experience of working and/or teaching/training in this subject area
- Experience of imparting relevant subject knowledge and/or vocational skills at an appropriate level in a teaching or training context.
- Teach and actively support learning in a range of subjects and levels within a designated curriculum area in an encouraging and enthusiastic way;
- Prepare and implement schemes of work for relevant teaching programmes and build appropriate lesson plans and learning activities that deliver outstanding learning experiences;
- Prepare, deliver and manage student assessment schedules and profiles, including writing assignments and providing constructive feedback to learners where required;
- Work as a leader or member of appropriate course teams to ensure that learning is maximised and assessment is delivered to the highest possible standard;
- Design and prepare course submissions for validation purposes, including module descriptors, assessment schedules and relevant quality assurance documentation;
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment for self, students and colleagues and carrying out risk assessments as required;
- Develop and maintain an environment of learning that promotes equality of opportunity for all;
- Actively recruit new learners by marketing and promoting courses and services offered within the school studies programme, including designing publicity materials in collaboration with the Marketing Unit;
- Maintain a knowledge and skills base relevant to the post through appropriate staff development and personal reflection, including maintaining an up to date knowledge of pedagogical practice and effective approaches to learning;
- Following agreed financial and data protection procedures and policies, ensuring compliance;
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00
A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Nixon will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE THURSDAY 24TH AUGUST 2017.