Temporary Part time Lecturer of British Sign Language required for a local organisation based in Newry.
Starting ASAP potentially for 2-3 months
Pay rate: £22.37
Hours of work: 2 p/week
- Thurs 19.00-21.00
Duties will include:
- Teach a range of subjects at various levels within the relevant subject/programme area
- Prepare and implement schemes of work for relevant teaching programmes
- Prepare student assessment schedules and profiles
- Work as a leader or member of appropriate course teams
- Design and prepare course submissions for validation purposes
- Awareness of the welfare of students and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for self, students and colleagues and carry out risk assessments as required
- Promote courses and services offered within the relevant subject/programme area
- Maintain a knowledge base relevant to the post through appropriate staff development
- Recruit/interview students to various courses within the College
- Follow agreed financial procedures
- Liaise with employers, Higher Educational establishments and professional associations
- Contribute as part of the team to career seminars, student industrial placements, and educational visits
- APR 17
- Complete administration duties associated with the post including e.g. internal verification/moderation of student progress, marking and completion of e-registers
- Attend meetings on matters relating to students, course co-ordination, management, assessment and development.
- Promote and support equal opportunities throughout the College
- Other duties
- Supply information, as requested, by Senior Management within the
- First language as British Sign Language or a minimum of a level 3 qualification in British Sign Language
- A minimum of 6 month's (within the last 5 years) teaching experience in British Sign Language
- GCSE Maths or Equivalent
- GCSE English or Equivalent
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00 A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link.
**Please note the deadline for this position will close on Thursday 29th Sept at 11am**