Part time Neighbourhood Environment Officer required on a temporary basis for a local Public Sector organisation based in Newtownards £7.00-£7.20 Per Hour.
Role: Part time Neighbourhood Environment Officer
Rate of Pay: £7.00-£7.20 per hour
Hours: 14.5 hours per week (Thursday 9am - 5pm, Friday 9am - 4.30pm)
Duration: to 31 December 2016 initially (may be extended)
- Carry out area patrols, seizing and delivering stray dogs to the pound
- Investigating complaints including dog fouling, straying, and noise complaints regarding barking dogs
- Checking dog licences
- Liaising with animal welfare organisations, vets, PSNI, farmers and other bodies as appropriate
- Enforcing fixed penalty and dog control provisions of the legislation
- To enforce and other relevant legislation
- Previous enforcement experience including dealing with aggressive/difficult customers
- Previous experience of using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Previous dog handling experience
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE FRIDAY 15th JULY 2016 AT 12PM.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Janey Cordner will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.