Our public sector client is looking to recruit a Full Time Payroll Administrator Band 5 in the Ballymena/Carrickfergus Area
37.5 hrs - £8.75 p/hr
The post-holder will be responsible for :
- Processing of weekly payroll, including correct calculation of sickness benefit, pension, AVC's, tax,SMP,SS,shift allowance, honorarium, overtime etc. Compliance with current statutory legislation and company policy.
- Responsible for correct calculation of incentive bonus payments.
- Responsible for correct coding of time sheets for computer input,including liaising with other departments in setting up new codes when necessary.
- Weekly gross cost reconciliations. Remittances to outside bodies with accompanying reports on a regular basis.
- Maintenance of all data relating to employees is kept up to date e.g address, bank account number, name change, car details which is kept on computer system and also held on file.
- Checking calculations, cost coding and recording mileage/subsistence claims.
- Answering queries from employees and supervisors. Have the ability to interpret information as set out in NJC Conditions of Employment.
- Assist with calculation and payment of Councillor and PCSP allowances. Update records of Councillor conference and training costs.
- Supply and explain wage details to auditors when required.
- Year end calculation of notional pensionable pays ( weekly payroll ) in respect of NILGOSC returns. Distribution of P60's to employees.
- Provide cover in absence of Payroll Manager.
- Maintain an accurate payroll database.
- Maintain a high standards of personal accountability.
- Perform any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
- 5 Gcse's including Maths and English ( grade C or above ) or equivalent qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years experience in computerised payroll administration of 100+ employees
- A thorough Knowledge of payroll systems, procedures and controls
- The working knowledge and ability to implement current legislation governing PAYE, SSP, SMMMP and NILGOSC and the ability to interpret and apply directives as set out in NJC Conditions of Employment
- Be fully IT literate with the ability to construct and manage complex databases
- Takes personal responsibility for making things happen
- Shows motivation and perseverance in overcoming obstacles and achieving results
- Seeks to continually improve the services and process that impact on users
- A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to car
- Have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post
Only those applicants who state clearly on their application form that they have the required level of qualification/experience will be considered for interview.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.