Our Client a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Causeway Coast and Glens require a Payroll Assistant on a Temporary Basis
Job Title: Payroll Assistant
Locations: Cloonavin (Coleraine)
Hours of work: 37 hours per weeks Monday - Friday 9am -5pm
Pay rate: weeks 1-12 £7.50 p/h weeks 13+ £9.37 p/h
- Responsible for inputting wages and salaries time sheets, ensuring they have been correctly authorised by management. Calculate hours payable; including calculating sick, maternity, adoption, paternity payments and calculate arrears of pay due to employees as a result of pay awards of job evaluations.
- To create, update and maintain all employee records on the computer payroll master file i.e creation of file on commencement of employment by entering personal data, salary details; amending files are required i.e rates of pay, tax codes, cost codes and entering leaving dates on termination of employment and issuing a P45
- Enter additional payment and deductions when advised form statutory bodies i.e credits, student loans, child support, enforcement of judgement and AVC's
- Transmit all wages, salaries, councillors and DPP member's payments to their banks or building society accounts using the BACS process and print their other bodies and assist the senior clerical officer with monthly return of these. Complete the period end
- Produce payroll, financial, leave and sickness reports and required.
- Maintain and update computerised leave and sickness system for all employees
- Attend seminars and courses to keep up to date with legislation's relating to taxation, self-assessment, statutory maternity pay, adoption pay, superannuation, working family tax credits and stupid loans and to inform or make result adjustment to procedure, systems or working practices.
- Assist with year-end reconciliation for wages, salaries, councillors and district Policing partnership members and make the required statutory returns to the tax office and superannuation committee by due dates. Provide employees with their P60's and P11's by due dates.
- Fully deputies for the Payroll administration officer for the payment of wages salaries, councillors, DPP members expenses and monitoring duties during periods of absence.
- Prepare monthly expense claims, verify meetings attending, reconciling claims and making payment by specified deadlines.
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of the council's imprest bank account which is used for salaries, wages, councillors and DPP members
- Enter details form civic amenity sites record of waste sheets on to a spreadsheet and prepare backup for invoices.
- To understand any other relevant duties which may be assigned including working in other sections of the department and council.
- To be able to prepare all relevant date in order to process the payment of wages, salaries, councillor's and district policing partnership members allowance and the maintenance of all relevant records
- To assist with the monitoring of all jobs applications
- To reconcile Councils Imprest accounts
- To prepare landfill tax for invoicing
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5GCSE's 'O' (Grade A-C) or equivalent including English and Math's
- Applicants must have a minimum of BTEC National certificate/ Diploma or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Experience working with a computerised payroll system and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, along with a minimum of 2 years payroll experience.
Applicants must be capable of working to strict deadlines and have the ability to prepare concise and accurate reports. Have the ability to work on own initiative and be competent in liaising with staff at all levels and with internal/external groups.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.