Are you a Payroll Professional?
Are you a Payroll Professional who wants to be on the road to success?
Are you a Payroll Professional who wants to be on the road to success with a company where it's rewarding AND enjoyable to work?
Until now, this sort of opportunity has been rare to find in Derry/ Londonderry. But it's finally here, so don't miss out!! Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with one of America's most promising, innovative and expanding companies which has set up a European hub here in the Maiden City.
As Payroll Manager, you will provide leadership to the UK Payroll Operations Team whose primary responsibilities include full service payroll processing in an outsourcing environment within the Workday application. You will manage and evaluate operational processes and procedures, develop recommendations and drive process standardisation and improved controls ensuring process effectiveness and efficiencies for payroll. The Payroll Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of Workday solutions for clients by working closely with client business teams and internal delivery teams to help drive the scope, definition and delivery management of solutions.
You will be a payroll expert and a client advocate with an ability to think "outside the box" to problem solve for the client. You will excel in the ability to coach and train the payroll operations team to ensure the highest level of compliance in a best of class payroll environment. You will report to the Director of Payroll Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure service level agreements and high client satisfaction levels are being met. Attend scheduled weekly, monthly and quarterly client calls and new client transition introduction meeting calls
- Manage the timely resolution of customer issues including handling customer escalations, perform and document Root Cause Analysis and implement remedial procedures to close gaps identified
- Frequent direct customer contact - initiate and maintain client relationships. Support the client enabling them to optimise their processes and maximise the benefits of Workday functionality
- Assist Director of Payroll Services in managing monthly / annual processes to ensure deadlines are met
- Collaborate with Director of Payroll Services to create, maintain and improve standard operating procedures for payroll
- Recognise and adhere to proper segregation of duties and work with Director of Payroll Services to prepare for periodic service control audits (ISAE or SOC1).
- Ensure all statutory reporting is completed accurately and on time and that payroll processes comply with internal and external audit requirements
- Oversee and document on-going training requirements for UK Payroll Operations team
- Manage performance appraisals for employees including employee goal setting and personal growth plans
- Manage relationship with HMRC and payroll technology vendors
- Partner with Sales on expansion of payroll services opportunities within UK
- Occasional travel to visit existing customers as well as prospective customers
- Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) certification required
- Educated to degree level or higher (or experience equivalent)
- Extensive payroll experience
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and lead a payroll team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of payroll services.Sound working knowledge of HMRC PAYE legislation and pension schemes
- Strong customer service skills
- Workday or equivalent ERP experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing;
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong team player and contributor but also ability to work independently
- Able to build effective working relationships with users from different functional areas
- Advanced Microsoft Excel ability
This is a tremendous opportunity for a skilled payroll professional who is dedicated to providing a superior customer-facing experience. You will receive a very competitive salary and the chance to forge a progressive career with a caring employer.
For more information please call Marc Doorish on 02871 267799 or click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV.