Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a Peace IV Understanding Our Area Project Administrative Assistant to join their team asap
Role :Peace IV Understanding Our Area Project Administrative Assistant
Location : Ballymoney
Hours of Work : 18.5 hrs - Part time post which can be worked either 1/2 day Monday to Friday or 2 1/2 days between Monday to Friday as agreed
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £7.50p/hr 13 weeks + £8.70p/hr
Main Duties :
- Assist PEACEIV Understanding Our Area Project Officer and MSDM in the preparation of all reports and Claims, compile, collate and analyse information as required and maintain all financial monitoring processes for the Programme.
- Assist with organising workshops, meetings and events for delivery of the Programme.
- Assist with the administration of all procurement activities for the Programme.
- Create, maintain and update both manual and computerised filing systems including spreadsheets and databases for the Programme.
- Providing a professional service to internal and external customers including dealing with written, telephone and face-to-face enquiries.
- Responsible for uploading Project content to websites and assist with the preparation of Press releases.
- maintain contacts databases and distribute communications as required.
- Act as notetaker at PEACEIV Understanding our Area meetings as required.
- Carry out general office duties including word processing duties associated with correspondence, reports and forms within the department. Carry out photocopying, scanning and other associated duties.
- Assist the MSDM with implementation and maintenance of all systems for the effective management of risk, performance and Health & Safety.
- By its nature the post will require flexible working to meet the needs of the PEACEIV Understanding our Area Programme. Attend meetings of the Council and any relevant working groups as required.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct for local Government employees.
- Comply with and actively promote the Council's policies and procedures, including those relating to Fair employment, Equal Opportunities, and Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
- Undertake the duties outlined above in a way which will enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
Essential Criteria :
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application have:
- Five GCSE's (grades A-C) including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications;
- Two years' administrative and/or business support experience within an office environment.
- Three years' administrative and/or business support experience within an office environment.
- One years' experience in the following;
- Working with computerised systems including Microsoft Office Software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Assisting in Financial Administration.
- Assisting with the organisation of activities for Events and Workshops
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office Software, especially for Excel and Access in creating and maintain databases/spreadsheets.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, to organise, prioritise assigned work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Deal effectively with the public in a polite and professional manner.
- Dealing with customer enquiries and providing accurate advice.
- Capable of working in an environment of changing priorities and associated pressures.
- A current full, Category B (car), Driving Licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post
*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under Disability Discrimination Act.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link