Our Client, a Large Public Organisation require a Planning Assistant to join their team asap
Role : Planning Assistant x 2
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week - Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £11.62 p/hr 13 weeks + £13.45 p/hr
Main Duties :
- Validation and processing of planning applications under supervision of a Senior Officer.
- Undertaking site visits, participating in site meetings, writing up reports of visits, formulating opinions and attending development control group meetings.
- Assisting with the preparation of material for planning appeals and inquiries.
- Monitoring planning decisions and investigating suspected cases of unauthorised development, interviewing parties, taking statements, inspecting, surveying and photographing sites, writing up reports, representing the Council in the service of enforcement notices and acting as a witness at Court and enforcement appeals.
- Assisting with the preparation of development plans, enhancement strategies and regeneration proposals for conservation areas, town centres and other selected settlements.
- Assisting with research into and preparation of reports relating to policy formulation and development control.
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, by telephone, correspondence and face to face.
- Operating the Council's IT systems, including Geographical Information System (GIS).
- By its nature the post will require flexible working to meet the needs of the service. Attend meetings of the Council and any relevant working groups and prepare and present reports as required.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct for local Government employees.
- Comply with and actively promote the Council's policies and procedures, including those relating to Fair employment, Equal Opportunities, and Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
- Undertake the duties outlined above in a way which will enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
Essential Criteria :
Applicants must, at the closing date for receipt of applications possess:
- ONC/OND/BTEC National Diploma in Planning, Surveying and/or Cartography or BTEC National Certificate in Land Administration (Planning) or equivalent qualification; and
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, one year's relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- Strategy/policy development work;
- Partnership working with statutory organisations;
- Research and data analysis;
- Preparing and presenting reports for planning applications in relation to development and enforcement Planning matters;
- Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Alternatively, consideration will be given to applicants who do not possess the required educational qualification but can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples that they have four years' relevant planning experience in the areas outlined above.
- A current full, Category B (car), Driving Licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
Applies only to applicants who have a disability under Disability Discrimination Act.
Desirable Criteria :
- HNC/HND in Planning, Surveying and/or Cartography and one years post qualification experience in the areas detailed.
- ONC in Planning, Surveying and/or Cartography and two years post qualification experience in the areas listed.
- Member of RTPI/Irish Planning Institute or equivalent.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link