Our client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a Planning Assistant to join their team to cover maternity for 6 months+
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide professional and technical advice, guidance and recommendations, and to carry out all functions associated with the delivery of the Council's responsibilities and statutory functions in respect to planning
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Validation and processing of planning applications under the supervision of a senior officer.
- Undertaking site visits, participating in site meetings, writing up reports of visits, formulating professional opinions.
- Assisting with the preparation of material for planning appeals and public inquiries.
- Monitoring planning decisions and investigating suspected cases of unauthorised development, interviewing parties, taking statements, inspecting, surveying and photographing sites, writing up reports, representing the Council in the service of enforcement notices and acting as a witness at Court and enforcement appeals.
- Assisting with the preparation of development plans, enhancement strategies and regeneration proposals for conservation areas, town centres and other selected settlements.
- Assisting with research into and preparation of reports relating to policy formulation and development control.
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, by telephone, correspondence and face to face.
- Operating the Council's IT systems, including Geographical Information System (GIS).
- Carry out duties for all jobs up to and including those in the grade/scale set for this post provided such duties are deemed to be within the area of work.
- A HNC/HND in a recognised Planning qualification
- A minimum 2 years post qualification work experience in a Planning Environment
- Knowledge of relevant Northern Ireland planning policy and legislation
- A sound working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office applications in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Access
- A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car
- Degree in a recognised Planning qualification
- A minimum of two years post qualification working experience in a Planning Environment
All those shortlisted will be contacted