Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation requires Plant Health and Horticulture Inspectors to start ASAP until November 2017, subject to change, dependent on business need.
0-12 weeks: £10 per hour
13+ weeks: £13.73 per hour
Location: Armagh & Coleraine
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
The qualifications required are passes at Grade A, B, or C in GCE/GCSE Ordinary Level examinations in 4 subjects which must include English and one science subject (defined as Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Single, Double or Triple award science);
At least the following:
- A National Diploma in Horticulture (Extended Level 3) or equivalent Diploma in Horticulture
Access to a form of transport which will permit the requirements of the post to be met in full is essential.
- Surveillance in the wider environment (including public/private green space and forest/woodland) for a range of current quarantine pest/diseases.
- Inspections of horticulture businesses to ensure compliance with EU and domestic legislation including authorisation of businesses to issue plant passports and inspections for quarantine pests/diseases of ornamental plant species on production nurseries and retail premises.
- Import Inspections at designated points of entry (ports/airports) of regulated plant material from third countries.
- Undertaking under strict biosecurity protocols, formal sampling procedures of plant material suspected of infection with quarantine pests/diseases.
- Inspections in relation to the issue of phytosanitary certificates for plant material exports to third countries.
- Implementation of incident management procedures in the event of a Plant Health incident
- Inspections of fresh fruit and vegetables for conformity with EC marketing standards.
- Determination of enforcement action, including the drafting of warning letters, statutory notices, and serving of these notices as required.
- Contribute to the development and review of standard operating procedures for Plant Health and Horticulture Marketing Standards.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new IT systems for the capture and analysis of inspection data.
- The post holder may be required to assist with other duties within Plant Health Inspection Branch including assisting with plant health emergency responses that may arise in other sectors.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI at the cost of £26. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE TUESDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER AT 12PM