Newry, County Down
Located in Newry, County Down, our client aims to provide civic leadership, deliver local services and ensure that the district develops in a way that increases prosperity and quality of life for local residents.
As a plumber, you will be expected to work unsupervised and also as part of a team, to carry out a full range of plumbing duties efficiently and effectively, in a range of weather and working conditions.
Duties will include
- Undertaking plumbing duties including the installation, maintenance and repairs of domestic and commercial/light industrial, plumbing systems, low and medium pressure hot water systems and boilers, underground pipe work (including lead) water treatment plant, catering equipment and temporary installations, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Responsible for reading plans, evaluating jobs, selecting materials and completing tasks to timescales
- Driving and being responsible for assigned vehicle
- Responsible for the general safety on site of work colleagues and members of the public and supervision of operatives on site, including working at heights, using elevated platforms and wearing of PPE
- Response to emergency maintenance call out as directed by supervisor