Our Client, a leading telecommunications provider is seeking to recruit a PR Manager in Dublin.
Duration: 6 - 9 Months (Maternity Cover, Contract role)
Purpose of Role
Define, create, and execute comprehensive PR, media relations, corporate responsibility and sponsorship programmes in the Republic of Ireland. The role is to proactively help manage this portfolio so as to grow the organisational reputation and build a strong position for the Company.
Key Responsibilities include
- To design and execute brilliant PR and media relations programmes
- To respond rapidly to, and deal effectively with, enquiries from media and other opinion formers, including providing out of hours cover for media issues on a 24 hour basis and in crisis situations
- Develop and maintain excellent media relationships
- Provide strategic media counsel to key spokespeople
- Creation and co-ordination of key documents and briefing materials including key messages, media fact sheets, presentations, speeches, whitepapers, opinion pieces, by-lined articles, case studies etc.
- Articulate and promote our strategy through stories drawn locally and the wider Group organisation, including strategy updates, executive profiling, product/proposition placement, appointments, awards, industry partnerships, customer testimonials etc.
- Be actively involved in driving the organisation's diversity and inclusion agenda
- Effectively lead on and manage sponsorship properties and seek out new commercial sponsorships that align with the brand and strategy.
- Manage PR agencies and other suppliers, ensuring they are sufficiently briefed and measured to achieve the targets and objectives outlined in the PR programmes
Skills and Experience Required
- Min 3 years in PR, communications or journalism
- Experience of working to own initiative and taking full responsibility for particular aspects of a PR or media function
- Focused on creative PR plans and ideas, while always keeping an eye on the bottom line and aligning with needs of the business units
- Good media contact base
- Strong commercial and financial acumen and awareness
- Solid understanding of how PR and media activity can be measured and add value
- Exceptional people skills, the ability to create and maintain relationships throughout the company and at most senior levels
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and not fazed by crisis
- A track record of quick thinking and resilience and able to make decisions and take action in a changing and challenging situation
- An ability to prioritise workloads, and willingness to contribute to the Press office service (365 days a year, 24 hours a day) is essential
- Strong budgeting skills
A 3rd level qualification in Journalism, communications or PR preferable but not essential
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV via the link.