Our Client a large Public Sector Organisation is currently sourcing a Principal Legal Officer who is available immediately.
Role: Temporary Principal Legal Officer
Location: Belfast City Centre
Hours of Work: 2.5 days per week
Rate of Pay: Weeks 1-12 £16.50 Week 13+ £24.82
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 51 weeks
- Efficient and effective case management and progression of all cases.
- Dealing with property /conveyancing matters on behalf of patients and minors, administration of estates, trusts, statutory wills, and the management of assets and funds
- Representing the interests of children/ parents who lack capacity in a range of family (public and private law) and civil court proceedings including acting as next friend or Guardian Ad Litem in Children's Order, Wardship, Hague Convention cases, Family Homes Domestic Violence and Judicial Review proceedings.
- Acting as Next Friend or Guardian Ad Litem on behalf of a patient in a range of litigation including Chancery Proceedings, Personal Injury claims, Ancillary Relief proceedings and disputes regarding registration of an Enduring Power of Attorney or Controllership applications.
- Providing support, advice and recommendations (both oral and written) to judicial office holders, including senior members of the judiciary and the court in relation to Children's and Patients matters.
- Researching and resolving complex legal issues in a systematic and professional manner while ensuring compliance with statutory responsibilities and protecting the interests of Patients and Children.
- Maintain effective risk assessment and case management systems and ensure administrative controls and reporting arrangements are in place to safeguard the interests of Patients and Children.
- The post holder must be a solicitor or member of the Bar of Northern Ireland of at least 7 years' standing.
- The post holder will require a thorough knowledge of all aspects of family law, mental health law and legislation surrounding property, trusts, human rights and administration of estates.
- The post holder will require advocacy skills.
- Analytical and decision making skills are essential. The post holder should be able to demonstrate experience of complex legal research and analysis of voluminous factual and legal material.
- The post holder must be able to draft formal detailed legal documentation, compile reports and correspondence in relation to complex legal issues and make presentations when required.
- Ability to assimilate information, to persuade and influence others in both formal and informal settings.
- The post holder requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including tact and diplomacy in dealings with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, clients and service partners. The post holder will have regular contact with members of the judiciary, legal and medical practitioners, social workers, senior officials in Health Trusts and other health professionals.
- He /she will also have regular contact with vulnerable adults and children and must be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver written or oral material in different styles as appropriate for different audiences.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Standard Access NI Clearance and CTC at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Nixon will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
The deadline for applications will be Wednesday 13th Sept 2017 at 12noon.