Grafton Specialist recruitment has been exclusively retained to recruit a Process Engineer for a top manufacturing company based in Co Antrim. This position offers long term career aspirations with a company that has experienced significant growth in recent years.
Reporting to: Senior Process Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective implementation of new and improved manufacturing and logistical processes using lean manufacturing techniques for existing and new product ranges, in-line with the following key objectives - Efficiency, Quality, Waste and Capacity.
* Plan and implement new and improved manufacturing / logistical processes using lean manufacturing techniques.
* Work closely with all relevant departments to introduce continuous improvements.
* Carry out work studies and balance production processes to improve operational KPIs.
* Determine and introduce optimum facility and equipment layouts.
* Introduce and maintain Bill of Materials as necessary.
* Actively progress projects through the Engineering Change Process.
* Resource machinery and provide data to support applications for capital expenditure as part of continuous improvement.
* Assist in the planning and development of operational resources.
* Responsible for the operational introduction of New Products in-line with NPD process.
* At least 2 years' experience working within a Process Engineering role in a manufacturing environment.
* Demonstrable experience of introducing measurable and effective process improvements.
* Strong organisational and project management skills.
* Experience of lean manufacturing techniques.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and CAD software.
* Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree with a classification of 2:1 or above.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive starting salary circa 20-25k per annum depending on experience
For more information please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333