Procurement Advisor required on a temporary basis for a public sector organisation based in Belfast £15.24 per hour
Role: Procurement Advisor
Rate of Pay: £15.24
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday - Thursday 9am - 5.30pm Friday 9am-2pm
Duration: July 2016 - March 2017
The aim of this post is to provide the Group with enhanced procurement professionalism which delivers an intuitive and commercially astute procurement function. The role protects the legal and commercial interests of the Group and identifies synergy in procurement which may lead to savings in budgets and resources.
- Provide procurement expertise and lead procurement exercises to deliver the Group's vision and objectives in accordance with Group Standards.
- Ensure adherence to CoPE and ISO9001 standards in all relevant category areas.
- Ensure spend is managed and coordinated to achieve value for money, identifying options for sourcing strategies, delivering and recording efficiency and savings gains.
- Identify and implement collaboration opportunities with other procurement authorities in NI and GB
- Ensure that market intelligence, procurement approach and methodologies are up to date.
- Support contract managers in implementing the Group contract management strategy, reporting as required and take appropriate remedial action where needed.
- Mitigate the potential for exposure to risk, procurement fraud and the likelihood of a legal challenge.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required such as delivering appropriate training.
- Membership of the chartered institute of purchasing and Supply (Level 6 Graduate Diploma)
- One Years procurement experience
- Possess a relevant degree or equivalent qualification relevant to the role and working towards the achievement of CIPS level 6 within 1 year along with possessing a minimum pf 3 years procurement experience.
- Experience of procurement in a large multifunctional organisation
- Knowledge and application of contract drafting, contract law and commercial terms the conditions
- Able to assess data analytically and make decisions
- Understand external commercial expectations and influences
- Have exceptional organisational skills, managing own workload and working to urgent deadlines
- Must be able to constructively challenge others internally and externally at all levels through presentations, negotiations and reports
- Demonstrate management of supplier categories and spend
- Able to travel for business and training purposes
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kathy Fraser will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Monday 6th June.