Immediately available Procurement Manager ( temporary contract)
Grafton Specialist has been retained by a long standing global diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products based in Belfast to recruit a Procurement Manager.
Responsible for managing suppliers within Belfast's Supply Chain, including placing / maintaining purchase orders and ensuring that the suppliers satisfy the business requirement . Responsible for Goods Inwards receiving /stock control and issuance of goods to the shop floor.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop, maintain and continually improve inventory parameters and settings in appropriate MRP / ERP systems to ensure designated stock items are capable of supporting the associated Business Model while simultaneously managing site inventory levels to designated target values and stock turns.
- Generate + assist understanding of forecast Metrics, explain, discuss and offer solutions to systematic barriers to achieving or exceeding plan.
- Develop consistent processes and implement best practices in alignment to the SIOP process
- Drive accountability and process improvement based on key performance metrics and targets.
- Provide input and recommendations in improving supply chain strategies, policies and practices to achieve Best-in-Class Supply Chain Management practices
- Create and maintain documentation for assigned processes and system
- Significant experience within an engineering / manufacturing environment
- Work-based experience working within a large scale global organization
- Work-based experience in utilising world-class Continuous Improvement Tools
- A Degree level qualification in a mechanical engineering or directly related discipline
- Work-based experience with formal MRP/ERP planning and scheduling systems
- Senior role experience in a S.I.O.P role
- Proven negotiation and cost reduction skills
- MBA qualification, or equivalent
- Six Sigma Qualification
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or studying towards
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333