Grafton Recruitment are recruiting for a Procurement Manager for a fast paced distribution environment in Dublin South West. This role will report directly to the Operations Manager and is offered to the successful candidate on a permanent basis.
This is a successful company who are undergoing a rapid growth phase and have big plans for the future so it is an ideal time to become part of this journey.
The role :
- Lead negotiation of the purchase of goods and consumables
- Responsibility of supplier performance and management through collaboration with the Sales Team
- Monitor business trends and product availability
- Provide leadership and direction for all procurement activities and take responsibility for same
- Ensure compliance, customer and company requirements are met at the best value
- Manage new product specifications
- Traffic and report key metrics to reduce expenses
- Control spend a build a culture of long term saving on procurement costs
- Develop and implement procurement strategies, policies and procedures
A bit about you :
- 5+ years Procurement experience in a high volume distribution environment with complex Procurement Management experience, preferably gained in a multinational environment
- Exposure to Procurement and Supply Chain as well as importing and exporting
- Experience in sourcing from Asia
- Exceptional commercial and contractual negotiation skills
- A solid understanding of purchasing and supply chain systems, LEAN principles, TCO methodology and ERP systems
- Competency in MS Office applications
- Procurement or Material Management qualification desirable
- Business and financial acumen
We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
For further information on this role, please call Louise Morrissey on 01-4505288 or apply with your CV for immediate consideration.