Product Development Engineer
My client is an Irish-based consumer electrical goods firm. It is the world's largest electrical heating business and holds significant market positions in the domestic appliance industry worldwide.
With an annual turnover of €1.5 billion, the group employs 8,500 people.
Due to expansion they are now looking for a Product Development Engineer to join their team based in Co Louth.
Reporting directly to the Programme Manager the successful candidate will work within the product development team. The role will involve all aspects of the development process from concept through to production launch.
The primary duties of the role include the following:
- Product specification and cost analysis
- Detailed 3-D mechanical design using Creo
- Development of simulation tools to evaluate the thermal performance of product prototypes
- Prototype build and test
- Design of products to the relevant European standards
- Provide technical support to manufacturing facilities as required
- Implement and control technical changes during the products life cycle
- Redevelopment and troubleshooting of existing product ranges
*Some travel to visit other group locations, customer sites and suppliers is expected.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- High class honours degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering
Skills and Aptitude:
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with good initiative and energy
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to engage effectively at all levels
Experience that would be considered advantageous:
- A graduate with up to 3 years previous experience in product design and development in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Thermodynamics and heat transfer technology.
- Moulded and metal part design
- Track record in delivering projects on time and to specification
- Knowledge of 3D CAD, Microsoft office
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world leader where there are significant career development opportunities for the right candidate.
There is a competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
*Please note only suitable candidates will be contacted regarding this role.