Grafton Technology is currently representing a dynamic and growing Microsoft alliance partner who is at the forefront of cutting edge infrastructure technologies.
We are working on behalf of this client to appoint Production Database Administrator. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining databases including migrating and support. As the DBA you will direct or perform all activities related to maintaining a successful database environment.
Responsibilities include designing, implementing, and maintaining the database system; establishing policies and procedures pertaining to the management, security, maintenance, and use of the database management system; and training employees in database management and use. You will be expected to stay abreast of emerging technologies and new design approaches.
* ITIL v3 Foundation Certification - Solid understanding of ITIL v3 Best Practices
* 2 years experience and expertise working as a DBA (SQL 2003 - SQL 2008) using ITIL best practice
* 2 years experience with ITSM Tools (ServiceManager is a plus)
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel, Word and Powerpoint, Project experience would be useful.
* Failover clustering, SAN replication, and other high availability technologies
* SQL Server merge, peer to peer, or transactional replication
* Analysis Services, Integration Services, or Reporting Services
For more information on this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link below. Your application will be completely confidential, further information will be provided so you can make an informed decision if you would like to apply for this position. If you would like to chat about the opportunity please call Michael Rosbotham at Grafton Technology on 02890 242824.